business and community
Our students may be at the heart of everything we do here at Lews Castle College, but we also look outside the college to explore how we can help local businesses and the community to succeed.
As well as ensuring we are 100 per cent confident that our students will be trained and educated to meet the current and future needs of local enterprises, we are also keen to help the workforce to expand and develop their skills whilst on the job.
So, not only do we make our state-of-the-art facilities available for external hire, but we also offer our expert consultancy services to businesses and can undertake training needs analysis and develop bespoke courses for your employees' continued professional development.
Facilities for hire
At our Stornoway campus, we offer:
- Eight video conference suites (at a variety of sizes depending on group numbers)
- A purpose-built training room equipped with PCs, electronic whiteboard, projector and induction loop for hearing impaired visitors
- Our main board room and a second smaller board room, both equipped for video and audio conference
- Our foyer - ideal for large events such as conferences and concerts. It's a great place to network with others and host presentations
- A variety of classrooms for hire
- Access to our printing, photocopying, scanning and fax facilities (please notify us in advance)
We also have video conference studios for hire at our learning centres in Benbecula and Barra.