Uist Music Scholarship 2020
We are delighted to offer a £1,000 scholarship to support an off-island student choosing to relocate to study traditional music on the Island of Benbecula.
Located in the Outer Hebrides, Lews Castle College has developed an international reputation for the delivery of traditional Scottish and Gaelic music courses. Small class sizes, community engagement in a spectacular environment make study in Uist a unique choice for study. Our staff and alumni include many award winning musicians who are current names in the music industry. You can read more about our courses here:
This award is generated through an anonymous donation.
To apply please complete this application form and send a short video clip 2-3 mins duration showcasing your performance.
Send completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline:May 22nd 2020
- To be eligible for the award you must be off-island, relocating to Uist to study for a minimum of 1 academic year on one of the music programmes as of September 2019.
- You must have applied to study on the HNC/BA Applied Music/MA Music and the Environment
- No age restriction
- All instruments/voice/composition welcome
- UK, international – all welcome
- Awardees will be eligible to receive one Uist Music Scholarship only during their time studying with Lews Castle College UHI.
Terms and conditions
- The award will be made in two separate payments of £500 at the beginning of each semester – September 2019 and January 2020
- You will receive an email acknowledgement of receipt of application
- You will be Informed of outcome by 12th June 2020
- Judges decision final
- Successful awardee will be required to participate in media and promotional activity as required by programme director.