Flexible Workforce Development Fund
The Scottish Government's Flexible Workforce Development Fund (FWDF) is available to employers across the private, public and third sectors. The Fund allows you to address priority skills gaps and invest in your workforce through training and personal development.
How much is available?
- Levy-paying employers can access up to £15,000 with wider access through colleges or Skills Development Scotland (SDS) in 2020/21
- SMEs will be able to access up to £5,000 through college training in 2020/21
- The fund can be used to completely cover training or to partially cover training at a higher cost
Information for Levy-paying employers
- Levy-paying employers who are eligible for the fund still have the ability to invest in the development of their supply chain
- Levy-payers can give up their access to the fund and nominate up to two of their supply chain companies
- For the first time, Levy-payers can now source training through private providers administered by SDS
- Employers can submit one application only to the fund within the application period - this includes Levy-paying SMEs
- The fund does not support the provision of industry qualifications or training where there is a statutory obligation required by law
- Employers must be based or operate within Scotland, wholly or partially
How Lews Castle College UHI can support you
- Employers have the flexibility to choose the training they need and we can support you to create tailored support and training for your staff.
- We offer a huge range of training and development for local businesses including; Mental Health Training ot business and IT skills we can support you to address priority skills gaps and access training in high-quality learning.
- You can contact our Business Development Officer Murdo Smith at Murdo.email@example.com to discuss how we can start supporting you and your business.