What is special about this course?
This course is an introduction to First Aid techniques. The course is delivered by an approved certificated instructor and complies with the Merchant Navy Training Board (MNTB) and Sea Fish Industry Authority (SEAFISH) requirements for the issue of their certificates.
This basic training is a pre-requisite for persons seeking employment in the marine industry. Equally, the course can be applied to personnel engaged in other industries, e.g., fish farming, agriculture, etc.
- No past experience or formal qualifications are required.
Contents include -
- Introduction to First Aid
- Shock: Signs and Symptoms
- Action at an Emergency
- The unconscious casualty
- Effects of extreme temperature
- Management of shock
- Control of bleeding
- Burns, scals and electric currents
- Rescue and transportation of casualty.
How will I study my course?
- Short course
How long will my course last?
Short course - 1 day, 9.00am-5.00pm
Where can I study my course?
- Lews Castle College, UHI, Stornoway
- Colaisde Bheinn na Faoghla (Benbecula)
02 November 2018 11 January 2019 02 March 2019.Please contact Admissions at Lews Castle College UHI for more information on start dates.
Most full-time students will have their fees paid.
Students on part-time courses may also be eligible to have their course fees waived.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- Assist qualifying for Higher Education
- Achieve career goals
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.