What is special about this course?
This is an elementary course in seamanship, navigation and meteorology. It is intended as an integral part of the overall training for the Day Skipper/Watch Leader and as an introductory course to the more advanced Coastal Skipper course.
- No formal entry requirements
- Nautical Terms
- International Regulations For Preventin Collisions At Sea
- Definition Of Position
- Course And Speed
- Navigational Charts And Publications
- Navigational Drawing Instruments
- Position Fixing
- Tides And Tidal Streams
- Visual Aids To Navigation
- Passage Planning
- Navigation In Restricted Visibility
How will I study my course?
- Short course
How long will my course last?
20 weeks by Evening Class
Where can I study my course?
- Lews Castle College, UHI, Stornoway
- Barra Learning Centre
Tuesday evening class, 2 hours for 22 weeks commencing 23 October 2018.Please contact Admissions at Lews Castle College UHI for more information on start dates.
Most full-time students will have their fees paid.
Students on part-time courses may also be eligible to have their course fees waived.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.