City and Guilds Level 3 Award in Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation City and Guilds
What is special about this course?
This 2-day course consists of 2 parts. Part 1 covers the theory and design requirements for the installation of the charging equipment and this will be assessed with a City and
Part 2 is a practical assessment that includes the installation, inspection, testing and commissioning of domestic, commercial and industrial charging equipment.
On successful completion of this course, electric1ans can apply for OLEV approval to install Electric Vehicle charging equipment for domestic, commercial and industrial locations.
Qualified Electrician with a current SELECT Trade card.
- Identify Statutory and Non-statutory documents relating to electric vehicle charging equipment.
- Identify the organisation registration requirements for installing electric vehicle charging equipment in domestic, commercial and industrial locations.
- Advantages and disadvantages of different types of electric vehicle charging arrangements and equipment.
- Understand the preparation for design and installation of electric vehicle charging equipment.
- Be able to prepare for design and installation of electric vehicle charging equipment.
- Be able to install electric vehicle charging equipment for domestic ,commercial and industrial locations.
- Understand the requirements for inspection, testing, commissioning and handover of electric charging equipment to the customer.
- Be able to carry out inspection, testing, commissioning and handover of electric vehicle charging equipment.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
Short full time at Stornoway Campus
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Lews Castle College, UHI, Stornoway
02 September 2021
Candidates are required to bring the IET Code of Practice (mandatory for the Exam)
What can I do on completion of my course?
This is a stand-alone qualification that meets the standards for this expanding area of technology.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for City and Guilds Level 3 Award in Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation City and Guilds
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Lews Castle College UHI. Lews Castle College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.