What is special about this course?
- Cross-disciplinary course between Engineering & Computing, bringing together linked technology areas in programming/coding, electronics, robotics & artificial intelligence
- Equips candidates with in-demand skills in high technology areas of the present & future economy
2 National 5’s including Maths & a Science/Technology related topic.
- The course consists of four compulsory modules:
- Computer Programming
- Robotics Project
- Computer Aided Design
Additional optional units will be selected from high technology subject areas including:
- Games Programming
- Sound and Music Engineering
- Internet Programming
- Multimedia Technology
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Part Time
Classroom, lab & workshop based face to face.
How long will my course last?
1 Academic Years
Where can I study my course?
- Lews Castle College, UHI, Stornoway
Most full-time students will have their fees paid.
Students on part-time courses may also be eligible to have their course fees waived.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- Successful candidates will develop core skills that will enhance career prospects in STEM related areas of the economy.
- The programme will allow progression into Engineering/Computing sectors at technician level
- Candidates will gain a range of skills that will enhanced employability
- Project & project management skills included
Further study opportunities
- Progression route to higher education in engineering or computing at HNC level.
- Option to complete national group awards at Higher Level for progression to degree level studies in Engineering or Computing
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.