What is special about this course?
This course introduces drivers of LGV and PCV to basic concepts of health and safety, in their particular environment. Introducing the requirements of all workers to adhere to safe working practices, which will help to maintain their own health, safety and welfare, as well as that of others.
A valid LGV or PCV driving licence.
Defining Hazard and risk.
• Everyday risks in a driving environment
Identifying common Hazards on sites / in depots and on the road.
• Entrances and Exits. •Work traffic. • Fire. • Chemicals. • Electricity.
• Physical/verbal abuse. • Bullying.
•Stress. • Noise •Slips, trips and falls. •Manual handling.
Improving safety performance
•Systems and Processes • Management and Workforce • Contract work
• Inspections • Safe systems and permits
• Protective equipment •Signage • Emergency procedures • Reporting and health checks
Protecting our environment
•Waste and pollution •Organisation and individual Environmental impacts
How will I study my course?
- Part Time
Face to face, full time
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Lews Castle College, UHI, Stornoway
Please contact Lews Castle College UHI for more information on start dates.
Most full-time students will have their fees paid.
Students on part-time courses may also be eligible to have their course fees waived.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.