What is special about this course?
Students will be able to choose an individualised full time Further Education course comprising one or more of the below Highers and a range of related SQA units in the Humanities section to make up a programme of study that will assist them in subsequently qualifying for Higher Education courses or in achieving career goals.
- Mathematics (Intermediate 2)
- Modern Studies
- Early Education and Child Care
- Gaelic (Learners) and Gaidhlig.
- Mental Health Care
For more information on your programme of study please contact Admisssions at Lews Castle College.
- School leavers who are interested in applying should have a minimum of 4 Standard Grade passes, including good grades in their chosen Higher subjects.
- There are no formal entry requirements for adult returners.
- All applicants are guaranteed an interview and a pre-entry Guidance programme is an essential part of the process.
How will I study my course?
- Part Time
How long will my course last?
1 year part time,
Where can I study my course?
- Lews Castle College, UHI, Stornoway
Most full-time students will have their fees paid.
Students on part-time courses may also be eligible to have their course fees waived.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- Assist qualifying for Higher Education
- Achieve career goals
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for English Higher
We are no longer accepting applications for 2021/22
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Lews Castle College UHI. Lews Castle College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.