What is special about this course?
Students will be able to choose an individualised full time Further Education course comprising one or more of the below Highers and a range of related SQA units in the Humanities section to make up a programme of study that will assist them in subsequently qualifying for Higher Education courses or in achieving career goals.
- Mathematics (Intermediate 2)
- Modern Studies
- Early Education and Child Care
- Gaelic (Learners) and Gaidhlig
- Mental Health Care
For more information on your programme of study please contact Admissions at Lews Castle College UHI.
- School leavers who are interested in applying should have a minimum of 4 Standard Grade passes, including good grades in their chosen Higher subjects.
- There are no formal entry requirements for adult returners.
- All applicants are guaranteed an interview and a pre-entry Guidance programme is an essential part of this process.
How will I study my course?
- Part Time
How long will my course last?
1 year part time
Where can I study my course?
- Lews Castle College, UHI, Stornoway
Most full-time students will have their fees paid.
Students on part-time courses may also be eligible to have their course fees waived.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- Assist qualifying for Higher Education
- Achieve career goals
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.