What is special about this course?
The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Award 'Promoting Excellence in Dementia Skilled Practice' has been designed to specifically reflect the knowledge and skills required by all staff working with people with dementia, their families and carers.
The award is aimed at health and social care support workers or practitioners, and is particularly suited to staff who already hold an approved care qualification.
- You will receive an award that is recognised by care agencies
- You will develop a breadth of skills and knowledge identified by Nurse Education Scotland and Scottish Social Services Council as required by staff working in this area
- Studying online, allows you to fit your studies round work and personal commitments
- You will be supported by a Personal Academic Tutor
- SVQ 3 Care or
- NC or HNC Social Care or
- Nursing qualifications or equivalent
- Candidates without formal entry qualifications will be considered on an individual basis and will be asked to complete a piece of written work to ensure they can work at the level required for this course
- Candidates need to have current appropriate experience in working with people with dementia. You must also have access to a computer with the ability to develop skills in online learning, assessing website material and word processing of assignments
Year 1 - PDA
- Promoting quality of life through dementia skilled practice
- Promoting relationships and networks through dementia skilled practice
- Support individuals to identify and promote their own health and social well-being (SVQ unit)
How will I study my course?
Part Time (Structured)
The award is delivered online, with high quality, fully interactive learning materials. You will also be assessed on your actual work practice in the workplace. This includes reflective accounts and direct observation by an assessor.
How long will my course last?
- Part Time: 1 year
Where can I study my course?
- Argyll College UHI
- Inverness College UHI
- Lews Castle College UHI
- Moray College UHI
- North Highland College UHI
- Orkney College UHI
- Perth College UHI
- Shetland College UHI
For information on costs of this course please contact the college at which you wish to study.
External scholarships and financial support may be available. Contact the relevant partner college for more information.
What can I do on completion of my course?
This award is designed to provide the knowledge and skills identified by the Nurse Education Scotland and the Scottish Social Services Council in Promoting Excellence: A framework for health and social services staff working with people with dementia, their families and carers. The award provides continuing professional development for staff working in this area and will help to enhance employment opportunities
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.