What is special about this course?
This one year Level 4 course enables students to study the different areas within the industry such as Hairdressing, Beauty Therapy and Make-Up Artistry.
The course contains 3 awards and is designed to equip candidates with the knowledge, understanding and skills required for progression to further training in their chosen subject area. These awards have been introduced in specific industries to enable candidates to develop basic knowledge and understanding together with practical skills in off-the-job training in college.
- Ability to be able to work at national level 4
- Excellent personal presentation.
- All applicants need to demonstrate a genuine interest in the industry.
- Be effective communicators with clients and colleagues alike.
- Have artistic flair and ability, physical stamina and a high level of manual dexterity.
- Demonstrate competent employability skills.
The selection process consists of the submission of a folio prior to a personal interview and practical assessment.
References will be obtained for all potential students’.
The Hair and Beauty Level 4 course includes units, which cover topics such as:
- Working with others
- Product awareness
- Health and safety
- Career options
- Working in a Salon Environment
- Make-up artistry
The content places emphasis on employability skills and attitudes, which will help to prepare candidates for the workplace.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Part Time
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Lews Castle College, UHI, Stornoway
Most full-time students will have their fees paid.
Students on part-time courses may also be eligible to have their course fees waived.
What can I do on completion of my course?
The course could prepare students for progression onto -
- Hairdressing Level 5
- Beauty Therapy (presently not offered at Lews castle College)
- Further study
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.