Music Student Debate
Media information: 5th April 2021 LCC UHI Students Debate How Covid Has Impacted Todays Music Industry In Live Virtual Event
Two teams of students will debate this key issue affecting the current music industry in front of three expert guest judges from the Music Industry.
Drawing upon research undertaken as part of the MA Core Module Sustainable Creative Endeavour in Contemporary Society (SCECS) the students will explore this highly topical and hugely significant question relating to the musical ecosystem they will be finding their niche within.
They will be judged by a panel of experts from the Scottish Music Industry:
- Alan Morrison - Head of Music at Creative Scotland - https://bit.ly/3cHVvW6
- Peter Fletcher -Producer, Black Bay Studios - blackbaystudio.com
- Fiona Dalgetty - Chief Executive of Feis Rois - feisrois.org
Programme Leader Simon Bradley said:
“This debate is the culmination of a series of in-house seminars with leading music industry figures that together form a valuable context and insight for our MA music students as they consider their next steps. The intent will be to avoid a simple black or white framing and instead reflect the nuanced and subjective possible trajectories we all face.”
Alan Morrison, Head of Music, Creative Scotland said:
“The music sector has been hit harder than most by Covid-19, with musicians unable to perform, venues unable to open and audiences cut off from the thrill of the live gig experience. Creative Scotland has spent the past year distributing the Scottish Government’s emergency funds for the entire culture sector, and so we’re very aware of the hardship suffered by artists and the make-or-break circumstances now facing so many people in the music industry.
“Some light is now visible at the end of the tunnel but, if our music scene is going to revive, everyone needs to pull together and listen to the opinions of others. That’s why I’m delighted to take part in this event with the Lews Castle College UHI students and hear first-hand what those industry voices of the future have to say.”
The debate will take place live on Facebook on the 19th of April at 2pm
Find out more on the event here - https://bit.ly/39yzU1w
About Lews Castle College UHI
- Lews Castle College UHI is a further and higher education college in the Outer Hebrides, Scotland. It is part of the University of the Highlands and Islands.
- Lews Castle College UHI has been delivering music courses in the Outer Hebrides for nearly twenty years.
- We offer course in Music & the Environment (MSC) Applied Music (BA), Music HNC and a range of short courses
- You can find out more about our music courses please visit - https://bit.ly/3eTMfAS
Media enquiries: Kathryn Lamont Smith – email@example.com - 07817530062
Telephone: 01851 770 000