Although the phrase “sustainable development” has many diverse implications, this research theme is concerned with investigating social, economic, and environmental aspects to improve sustainable lifestyles in the rural areas.
As a linking theme that unites geography with aspects of health, energy, economy, and culture, the research is directed at investigating practical examples of sustainability.
- Contact: Dr Michael Smith – Programme Leader for the BSc in Geography
- Professor Frank Rennie – UHI Professor of Sustainable Rural Development
- Dr Eilidh MacPhail – Lecturer in Sustainable Rural Development
- Dr Edward Graham – Lecturer in Sustainable Rural Development
- Dr Gareth Davies - Programme Leader for the Masters of Education and the PG Certificate in Research Methods